A pearly white and sparkling smile is something most of us aspire to have. The good news is, this is by no means out of reach. At Mosman Fine Dental, we offer a range of teeth whitening treatments that make this aspiration an easy reality.
Professional teeth whitening involves removing tough stains from your teeth. These include those built up from foods, coffee, tea and use of tobacco. We are equipped with the latest technologies and equipment to help you achieve a smile that is up to 8 shades whiter. With in-clinic Zoom™ laser whitening and take-home whitening kits available, we can help you get a whiter smile, no matter what your budget.
You’ll need a consultation with one of our experienced dentists before going ahead with any whitening treatment. During this consultation, they can help you decide on the best treatment option for you.
Zoom Laser Teeth Whitening in Mosman NSW
When having in-clinic teeth whitening, your treatment consists of stronger whitening ingredients. The key benefit of this is your whitening can be achieved after one appointment as opposed to taking two weeks like home whitening would. Our premium whitening service, Zoom™ laser whitening is quick, safe and only requires 1 appointment.
If you are looking for an immediate whitening transformation without the need to manage any part of the process yourself at home, this may be an ideal treatment option for you.
- First, we apply a protective gel to your gums to keep them safe during the whitening process.
- Your dentist or hygienist will then apply the whitening gel to your teeth. This whitening gel helps with the removal of stains on your teeth by breaking down the molecular bonds that they are made up of.
- An LED light is then applied to the area to speed up the stain removal process.
- The process of the gel application followed by LED light exposure gets repeated up to 4 times during your treatment. Each lasts 15 minutes. The amount of times you repeat the process during your treatment depends on your teeth whitening goals.
- Your new and improved smile is ready!
It’s normal to experience some tooth sensitivity during and after in-clinic teeth whitening. But you can rest assured knowing that professional teeth whitening does no damage to your teeth. You’ll find that the sensitivity usually passes within 24 hours.
Take-Home Whitening Kits
This method of teeth whitening is an effective and budget-friendly alternative to in-clinic whitening. The process usually needs 2 appointments, followed by a 2 to 3-week course of whitening at home.
This treatment option is ideal if you’re happy to whiten your teeth gradually, in your own time, from the comfort of your home.
- In your first appointment, your dentist will take a mould of your teeth. The mould is used to make your custom mouth trays for your at-home whitening treatment.
- During your second visit, you will receive your mouth trays. You will also receive your pre-whitening toothpaste and whitening gel.
- Your dentist will also use this appointment to ensure you have all the tools and information you need to be able to complete the whitening process at home.
- For best results, our dentists recommend using your whitening mouth trays for a minimum of 5 hours a day (usually nighttime wear), for two consecutive weeks.
Extending the life of your freshly whitened teeth, regardless of which whitening treatment you’ve had, looks the same. A good dental hygiene routine is key to maintaining the results of any dental treatment, cosmetic or otherwise. But as well as keeping up with your at-home dental regime, it’s important to avoid foods and drinks that stain.
No tooth whitening treatment is permanent. However, it is very easy to do ‘top up’ whitening down the track to maintain your previously whitened teeth, without having to go through the whole process all over again. Simply speak to our team about purchasing a touch-up kit. This kit offers you about three nights worth of teeth whitening to get back that dazzling white smile.
Are you ready to experience the benefits of our professional teeth whitening services? Contact us for an appointment! Our friendly team will be more than happy to guide you through the process to your new and improved smile.